Sunday, March 11, 2012

Good Art vs. Bad Art


Air & Space
To me "good art," is art that evokes emotions and deep thought. The work of art should have a relation to the viewer. Good art is created and should communicate something knowledgeable. Within the work of art it   self holds deeper meaning. Good art is creativity at its best. You can tell when the artist put their best foot forward. The work is precise, neatly done, and clean. Viewers can't help but to analyze good works of art for long periods of time. When a work of art draws you in, it must be an amazing piece.  Air & Space is an example of a good work of art; at least in my opinion. This piece of work has a strong voice. The bold colors and sharp patterns says so. I love the chaos that appears in this work of art and the contrasting calm  black and white random face. This piece of work is interesting and insightful; it makes me want to see more from the artist. This is good art for me.    



My Baby See's through it all
In my opinion, bad art has no actual meaning. Bad art doesn't necessarily have to be poor in presentation, or structure. Bad art could be neatly done but still  lack creativity and quality. Bad art usual exists when a artist is inspired, rushed, or forced. Bad art doesn't grasp their viewer instantly. Bad art can be simple and it can also have to many ideas that it just doesn't make any sense to the viewer. Bad art could be copies on original pieces,which reduces the value. My Baby See's through it all, is an example of bad art in my opinion. If it wasn't for the tittle I wouldn't be able to grasp the meaning of this piece. It is too dull, and simple for my taste and it does not inspire me at all.        

No comments:

Post a Comment